Saturday, October 24, 2009

Name that tune...

All have had great commercial success over the years. I picked songs that didn’t make it too obvious but nothing b-side (term for a song that was released on the back side of a 45rpm record single).

Three songs, guess the artist/ band.

A.

  1. Baby I Love Your Way.
  2. Do You Feel Like I Do.
  3. Show Me The Way.

B.

  1. Zoo Station.
  2. One.
  3. Vertigo.

C.

  1. All Through The Night
  2. Time After Time.
  3. True Colors.

D.

  1. Higher Ground.
  2. Sir Duke.
  3. My Cherie Amour

E.

  1. The Payback
  2. Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag.
  3. Make It Funky.

F.

  1. Into The Mystic.
  2. Domino.
  3. Tupelo Honey.

G.

  1. The Sign.
  2. Don’t Turn Around.
  3. Beautiful Life.

H.

  1. Kiss.
  2. Take Me With You.
  3. Pussy Control.

I.

  1. Adalida.
  2. Marina Del Ray.
  3. Where The Sidewalk Ends.

J.

  1. Fix You.
  2. Violet Hill.
  3. Speed Of Sound.

K.

  1. Imagine.
  2. Instant Karma.
  3. Number Nine Dream.

L.

  1. ‘39
  2. Seaside Rendezvous.
  3. You’re My Best Friend.

M.

  1. Exodus
  2. Waiting In Vain.
  3. Is This Love.

N.

  1. One Particular Harbor.
  2. Barefoot Children.
  3. Fruitcakes.

O.

  1. Silver Wings.
  2. I’ll Just Stay Here And Drink.
  3. Mama Tried.

P.

  1. Feels Like Today.
  2. Skin (Sara Beth).
  3. Where You Are.

Q.

  1. Driver 8
  2. Stand.
  3. Radio Free Europe.

R. (bonus, lil’ tougher)

  1. Do You Recall.
  2. Stone In Love.
  3. After The Fall.

Do you remember the tv game show “Name That Tune”? It aired in the ’70’s and early 80’s. I vaguely remember it. The was also a radio version that began in the 1950’s and ran for many many years. My first iPod (which died two years after I got it) had a game on it that played a random song and gave me three choices to choose from. Not sure if my new iPod does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment