Thursday, November 19, 2009

MAXIM

Whatever you are thinking about when you read that title, well, forget it. Jeez, c’mon! ahaha

I’m quite possibly talking about the Amusement Station aka Game Centre aka Aracde located in downtown Sapporo. This isn’t my regular/local game centre that I visit on a weekly basis but is one that I have been to a few times now.

If your name starts with an L, ends with an E, and has a U and K in the middle, this arcade is for you. Why? Well, let me refer it to as the fighters arcade. If you love Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighters, Gundam, Melty Blood, etc, then this could perhaps be a little taste of heaven.

Little tournaments are hosted all the time for the various 2D & 3D fighters and in fact, during my brief stay last night, one was being held for one of the Gundam games.

The main focus in this particular arcade are fighters (obviously), but they do offer a few rhythm games for music lovers. And for those crazy car fanatics, Initial D Arcade Stage 5 and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX got you covered.

The only thing I don’t really like about this arcade is that because of its size (small) and the fact that smoking is allowed, the breathing environment kinda sucks. I spent 45 minutes there yesterday and that’s all I could take. It might not be that bad, but I just find it a tad bothersome.

All in all though, I would recommend this game centre to whomever needs their fighting fix. You will definitely find some great competitors who’ll teach you a thing or two. Believe me, I’ve tried my luck first hand and was brutally destroyed each time.

I give MAXIM Amusement Station 7 Quarter Circle Punches Forward out of SEVEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment